Windows 10 Media Creation Tool enables you to create a Windows 10 installation USB drive or download its ISO file for further use. It is the popular among Windows users to install/reinstall and upgrade Windows 10. Here is the ultimate guide on how to use Windows 10 Media Creation Tool.
To Get Things Ready:
- Click to Download Windows 10 Media Create Tool.
- Run the media creation tool on Windows 10, accept the license terms and wait for it to get ready.
- You will be lead to the interface asking if you want to upgrade your PC or do you prefer to create a Windows 10 installation media.
Upgrade This PC
The first option you can get from Windows 10 Media Creation Tool is to upgrade your Windows 10. To do this, you just go through all these steps:
- Select Upgrade this PC now.
- Wait for the tool to download Windows 10.
- Accept the license terms you see.
- Wait for the tool to check for any updates.
- When your see it is ready to install, you should be careful checking how the media creation tool would upgrade your PC. By default, it will keep personal files and apps, but if you would prefer another way, click Change what to keep. In this way, you have 3 options to choose from: keep personal files and apps; keep personal files only; nothing. However, if you agree with the default setting, click Install to go on and wait for the tool to complete upgrading your PC.
This copy of Windows is not genuine message is annoying. Read this post to understand how do I get rid of this copy of Windows…Read the post
Create Installation Media: USB Flash Drive
By selecting Create installation media for another PC, opting the Language, Windows Edition, and Architecture, you will see two more options, and they are:
- USB flash drive
- ISO file
To create a bootable USB flash drive, follow the simple guide below:
- Connect a USB flash drive to your computer and refresh the drive list. Be aware that the USB drive should have an 8GB size at least.
- Select the USB drive you just prepared and continue.
- Windows 10 Media Creation Tool will start downloading the latest Windows 10 installation files (like Windows 10 1909), just wait for the whole process to complete.
If you receive Windows 10 black screen with cursor OR after login, you can try the solutions that lead you go step-by-step to remove the…Read the post
Create Installation Media: ISO File
If you would prefer to download the ISO file for further use, here is how to do that:
- Select ISO file instead when you are asked to choose a media to use.
- Choose location from your computer to save the ISO file of Windows 10.
- When finish, you can burn the ISO file to a DVD or you can install Windows 10 without USB or CD by mounting the ISO file to upgrade your PC.
Hope the information here would be helpful to you when you are using the media creation tool Windows 10. Download Windows 10 media creation tool to have a try now!Here is a full guide on how to use Windows 10 media creation tool with ease…Click to tweet