- Error: Origin Online Login Is Currently Unavailable
- Fix 1: Restart Origin Completely
- Fix 2: Check Windows Date and Time Settings
- Fix 3: Reset the Internet Explorer Settings
- Fix 5: Allow Origin Through Windows Defender Firewall
- Fix 6: Disable Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader
- Fix 7: Clear Origin Cache
- Wrapping Things Up
Error: Origin Online Login Is Currently Unavailable
Developed by Electronic Arts, Origin is a digital distribution platform for purchasing and playing video games. It is available for personal computer and mobile platforms, providing social features like game joining, networking chat, streaming via Twitch, sharing of game library and community integration with Facebook, Xbox Live, PlayStation Network, Nintendo Network, etc.
Today Origin is popular among 50 million registered users. However, when logging into Origin, some users get the error message that reads Online login is currently unavailable.
Why Origin won’t go online? Here are some possible reasons:
- Incorrect time and date set in Windows OS.
- Improper Internet Explorer settings.
- Network-related issues on the computer.
If Origin online login is currently unavailable for you, try the following solutions one by one.
What is YourPhone.exe Windows 10? Is YourPhone.exe a virus? Can I disable it from Windows 10? You will find all answers from this post.Read the post
Fix 1: Restart Origin Completely
When you see “online login is currently unavailable in Origin”, you should restart Origin completely in the first place.
Launch Windows Task Manager, find Origin from the Processes tab and select End task. Restart Origin again and try logging in your account.
If this doesn’t work, go on with the next solutions.
Fix 2: Check Windows Date and Time Settings
The wrong date or time settings on Windows operating system could also be a reason for “Origin online login is currently unavailable”. If that is the case, resetting Windows Data and Time could be an easy fix.
Here is what do to:
- From Windows Search, type control panel in the box and open it.
- Set view by Category.
- Select Clock and Region and then click Set the time and date.
- Click the Internet Time tab and then select Change settings.
- Check Synchronize with an Internet time server option and click Update now.
- Click OK to save settings and close Control Panel.
If your Windows cannot find steam.exe, don’t worry. Get the easy fixes in this post and try to resolve the steam.exe missing issue by yourself.Read the post
Fix 3: Reset the Internet Explorer Settings
Improper Internet Explorer settings could also trigger the Origin online login is currently unavailable error. So, when your Origin won’t go online, you can reset the settings of Internet Explorer with the following steps.
- Go to Control Panel (view by category) -> Network and Internet -> Internet Options.
- From the properties window, switch to the Advanced tab.
- In the lower part, click Reset under Reset Internet Explorer settings section.
- Confirm the reset operation.
- Restart your computer to check if the online login is currently unavailable in Origin.
Alternatively, you can disable the pop-up blocker for Internet Explorer.
- Go to Control Panel (view by category) -> Network and Internet –> Internet Options.
- Switch to the Privacy tab to uncheck Turn on pop-up Blocker option located under Pop-up Blocker section.
- Click Apply and OK to save the changes.
Fix 5: Allow Origin Through Windows Defender Firewall
Few people know that Windows Defender Firewall could also bring the “Origin unable to log in” issue. This is mainly caused by Windows Defender Firewall preventing Origin service from connecting to the Internet on your computer.
To address such an issue, you need to do these:
- Open Control Panel (view by large icons) -> Windows Defender Firewall.
- Select Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall from the left side.
- Click the Change settings option to provide administrator permissions.
- Check both the Private and Public options for Origin. Click OK to save the change.
- Finally, restart your computer and verify if you can log in to Origin without any issue.
Tip: If Origin is not listed there, you can click Allow another app from the bottom of the window to browse your computer and add Origin to the list above.
Discord not opening on Windows 10? How to fix? How does this occur and how do you fix? Get the best solutions to discord not…Read the post
Fix 6: Disable Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader
Many users have reported that disabling the Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader could help fix “Origin online login is currently unavailable” issue.
Here is the simple guide:
- Press Win + X keys to invoke the power user menu from which you just select Device Manager.
- Expand the Universal Serial Bus controllers to locate Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader.
- Right-click on it and select Disable device from the context menu.
Now you can try to log into Origin and check if Origin unable to log in still persists.
Fix 7: Clear Origin Cache
Origin cache could also be the reason that leads to Origin won’t go online. When you are unable to get into Origin, you can follow this guide to delete the cache folder of Origin:
- Go to C:\Users\UerName\AppData\Roaming\Origin. Please note that the AppData can be a hidden system folder. If you are unable to find it, you need to let Windows show the hidden items first.
- Now go back to AppData and open the Local folder. Find and delete the Origin folder inside.
- Finally, go to C:\ProgramDatapress. Find and open the Origin folder, delete all the files and folders inside except the LocalContent folder.
- When all done, run your Origin and check if “origin unable to log in” is fixed.
Wrapping Things Up
Now all the solutions to Origin online login is currently unavailable are well explained. Hope at least one of them is helpful to your case. For any questions or nice suggestions, you can share your thoughts in the following comments area.