Several users are reporting that they had problem using any feature of GeForce Experience with the error code 0x0003. The error code 0x0003 could appear on Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10, and it usually looks like this:
NVIDIA GeForce Experience
Something went wrong.
Try rebooting your PC and then launch GeForce Experience.
ERROR CODE: 0x0003
If you are having the same issue, don’t panic. Get ready to will learn the possible causes and the best fixes for NVIDIA GeForce Experience error code 0x0003 on Windows 7/8/10.
What Is Causing GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003?
The NVIDIA GeForce Experience error code 0x0003 are likely to be caused by one of the followings reasons:
- NVIDIA Telemetry Container is impeded to interact with the desktop. As a result, you can try to fix this issue by allowing interaction with this service .
- Essential NVIDIA services are not running. Some essential NVIDIA services like NVIDIA Local System Container and NVIDIA Display Service may not function well, bringing error code 0x0003.
- Corrupted GPU driver. If one or more drivers used by your GPU get corrupt, you might be able to fix this issue by reinstalling every NVIDIA component.
- Glitched Network adapter. If the network adapter gets stuck, resetting Winsock should be the fix.
- Windows update interference. Several users reported that the NVIDIA GeForce Experience error code 0x0003 occurs just after Windows update. Uninstalling the current NVIDIA drivers and reinstalling the latest version should fix the error.
When you know what could be the cause of NVIDIA GeForce Experience error code 0x0003, you could find it easier to fix GeForce Experience error.
Read on and see how to fix GeForce Experience Error Code 0x0003.
Fix 1. Check GeForce Experience Related Services
To do so, follow the straight-forward guide below:
- Press Windows logo key and R to call out Run.
- Type Services.msc and press Enter.
- Scroll down the services names to find NVIDIA Telemetry Container.
- Now right click on it and choose Properties.
- Switch to Log on, select Local System Account and make sure that the option Allow service to interact with desktop is enabled. After that, click Apply and then OK to confirm.
- Start the Telemetry Container service if it is not running. Now try to open GeForce Experience.
Alternatively, you can have a try on the following if NVIDIA GeForce Experience error code 0x0003 keeps arousing:
Go to Run -> Services.msc -> Nvidia Display Container -> right click -> Properties -> General -> Startup Type -> check Automatic -> Apply.
See if the above fix works or not.
Fix 2. Stop All GeForce Tasks & Relaunch GeForce Experience
Stop and then relaunch a program is always useful when you encounter all kinds of software issues. And simply you only need to:
- Right-click the taskbar and launch Task Manager.
- Unfold the details and switch to Processes.
- Scroll down to view all the processes and end all NVIDIA related tasks.
- Relaunch your GeForce Experience app with administrator previlige. Check to see if it works.
Fix 3. Update NVIDIA Graphics Driver to the Latest
Tip: It is good to have automatic and safe Windows driver updater software installed on computer to fix all driver issues. IObit Driver Booster can get your PC more than 4,500,000 drivers that pass WHQL testing & popular game components up-to-date.
If your NVIDIA graphics card driver is too old, missing or corrupted, it can be the main cause for NVIDIA GeForce Experience error code 0x0003. You can try to get the issue rectified by reinstalling the graphics driver manually.
Here’s how to install the latest Graphics drivers manually:
- Press Win+R to call out the Run process. Type appwiz.cpl and press OK. (Another approach is to type Apps & features in Windows search bar, and then you will see the best match from the top. Select the exact one and continue. )
- Inside the Programs and Features screen, locate every installation published by Nvidia and right-click on them one by one to Uninstall. Follow the on-screen prompts to remove the driver from your computer.
- Restart your computer.
- Visit the offical NVIDIA website, set the informartion of your GPU type & series, operating system version, and language to search for the latest driver version available for your GPU configuration. Follow the on-screen prompts to finish the installation.
Fix 4. Reinstall NVIDIA GeForce Experience
Simple guide to help you reinstall NVIDIA Geforce Experience:
- Run appwiz.cpl.
- Select GeForce Experience, then Uninstall.
- Download a new GeForce Experience from official NVIDIA website.
- Run the new GeForce Experience on your Windows to see if GeForce Experience error code 0x0003 gets fixed.
If the issue is still occurring, move down to the next method below.
Fix 5. Reset Network Adapter
Some affected users have reported that they have successfully fixed the Geforce Experience Error Code 0x0003 error by resetting their network adapter’s software to the default configuration.
This procedure is also known as a Winsock reset. Here’s a quick guide on how to reset the Network adapter.
- Inside the Windows search bar, type cmd and choose Command Prompt from the best match. Then click Run as administrator to grant admin privileges.
- In the elevated Command Prompt, type netsh winsock reset and press Enter to reset our network adapter driver:
Once the command has been successfully processed, restart your computer and check if NVIDIA GeForce Experience error code 0x0003 Windows 7/8/10 has been resolved.