A lot of Microsoft 365 users reported that their Microsoft Teams app will launch automatically with the Windows 10 operating system. Indeed, this program will open on start after it is installed, but we do have several effective ways to disable Microsoft Teams from startup. Let’s check them out!
Fix 1: Disable Teams from Taskbar
- On Windows 10 taskbar, right-click on the program icon of Teams and then move to Settings.
- Choose Do not auto-start Teams.
Fix 2: Disable Teams from Task Manager
This is a more frequently used way in everyday life. Here is the simple guide:
- Right click on the taskbar of your Windows to choose Task Manager.
- Switch to Startup (you may need to click More details from the lower part if you didn’t find the Startup tab).
- Scroll down to find Microsoft Teams and disable it from startup.
If your Windows cannot find steam.exe, don’t worry. Get the easy fixes in this post and try to resolve the steam.exe missing issue by yourself.Read the post
Fix 3: Disable Teams from Windows Startup Programs
To stop Teams from launching automatically, follow this path:
- Right-click on Windows Start button and choose Settings.
- Then click on Apps and switch to Startup from the left panel.
- On the right panel, scroll down to find Teams and toggle the side button to OFF.
But if you cannot find this program there or you are unable to disable it, you can continue with the next solution.
Fix 4: Disable Teams from Its Settings
Here is how to do that:
- Sign in to Teams with your Microsoft 365 business account.
- Click on your account located in the upper left corner and select Settings.
- Under General, uncheck Auto-start application.
- You may also uncheck On close, keep the application running.
Easy, right? So, don’t hesitate to give these tricks a quick shot!Here is the full guide on how to how to disable Microsoft Teams. Are you troubled by Teams hangs at startup? Just give it a try! Click to tweet